Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great week. This week, news from around the web regarding Google’s algorithmic changes to improve search quality and negative SEO, has cooled down a bit. Articles on how to recover from the “panic at the zoo” episode, are all over the place. If you read them carefully, you may come to the conclusion that they are all about complying with Google’s website quality guidelines, something that has been there for a very long time. Applying the guidelines, complimented with ethical SEO techniques, should help you be on “Google’s good graces”.
Anyway, Google has released the “real list” of all the changes they made to improve search quality. This list gives you an idea of what they did, and by browsing through it, perhaps you may find something that could answer your question, if you think that you have been hit, by either Panda, Penguin or whatever. Noteworthy changes on this list includes the boost on the “freshness” signals and the increase of 15% on their index base size.
On a side note, and if you have not heard about it yet, YouTube has opened its doors for their “YouTube Partner Program” to everyone. If you have videos and want to monetize them, all you have to do is activate it. No more requests and getting those messages saying that you are not eligible. Here’s more info about how to become a YouTube Partner.
As usual, in no particular order:
- Anti-Penguin Link Building Plan
- Google Penguin Update: 5 Types of Link Issues Harming Some Affected Websites
- Penguins, Pandas, and Panic at the Zoo
- 12 Timeless Link Building Tips for Business Blogs
- 6 Ways to Generate More Traffic Out of Your Images
Content/Online Business Bites
- 7 NEW Things to Do After You’ve Written a New Blog Post
- Why I Steal Content (And Why You Should, Too)
- A Ridiculously Simple Way to Get More Revenue and Build Your Audience
- The Real Truth About Blog Comments (When They Matter and When They Don’t)
- 6 Content Marketing Tips For Google+
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 7 Do’s and Don’ts for Marketing With Pinterest
- The 4 Commandments of Socially-Created Content
- 5 Tips to Build and Grow Your LinkedIn Network
- 10 Proven Ways to Make Your Tweets More Trustworthy [STUDY]
- 3 Ways to Create a Traffic Tracking Dashboard for Bloggers
Around the Web [more roundups]
How does Google use human raters in web search?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.
Related Content – Check them out:
- YouTube Partner Program: Instant Approval? – Make Money With Videos
- Google+ New Look, Facebook eMail, Content Marketing, Speedlink15:2012
- SEO Over Optimization, Instagram, Content Marketing, Speedlink16:2012
- Negative SEO, Google Penguin, Fighting WebSpam, Speedlink 17:2012
- Curated Marketing News, SEO Spam, Top Blogs, Inbound Marketing, Speedlink 07:2012
View original post: Anti-Penguin, YouTube Partnership, Content Marketing, Around The …